mechanic, Part time
We are seeking a qualified mechanic to be available on a part time basis to help out with our repair events.
Our ideal candidate exudes warmth and friendliness, is independent and has a confident attitude and character. You have a rich and varied experience in the bicycle industry and are comfortable working on all varieties of bikes from clunky commuters to carbon race machines. You have excellent customer service skills, are able to communicate the nuances of each customers bicycle needs in an approachable, friendly way. You are independent, a good problem solver with a can-do attitude, but you also work well as part of a team.
- Assist Head Mechanic with repair events
- Transport of bike-shop on wheels to repair events in central Portland
- Set up of bicycle repair station and LCB promotional materials
- Thorough personalized bicycle repair estimates and tune-ups
- Have at least 3 years experience in bike shops wrenching on a variety of bikes and able to perform an accurate repair estimate
- Generally a people person and good communicator
- Independent and able to perform an accurate bike repair estimate
- Mature, responsible team player
- Excited about the bike lifestyle and culture
- Flexible schedule. This is a contract part-time job. our schedule is variable, our assignments can range from 1 to 5 days in length
- (DOE) competitive hourly pay
- Access to wholesale parts / new bikes
How to apply
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you think you be a great addition to our team.