We are in search of a Operations Manager to join our mobile repair team and lead our bicycle service events for our network of forward-thinking workplaces, and to provide occasional home repair visits. Are you an experienced bike mechanic that is great with people, looking for independence, a flexible schedule, weekends off, and competitive hourly pay + sales commission? If so, we'd like to hear from you!
You will be responsible for moving our shop-on-wheels to each location and providing friendly on-site bike service. Each event typically lasts 2-5 days. You will be responsible for tracking our inventory of parts, accessories and supplies to ensure that each of our fleet of bike repair kits is always stocked and ready for the next event as well as overseeing our other mechanics to ensure the highest level of work. We offer competitive starting pay, compared to traditional brick and mortar shops, plus a generous sales commission.
Our ideal candidate exudes warmth and friendliness, is independent and confident, with a deep knowledge of the bicycle industry. You have a rich and varied experience in the bicycle industry and are comfortable working on all varieties of bikes from clunky commuters to carbon race machines. You have excellent customer service skills, are able to communicate the nuances of each bicycle's needs in an approachable, friendly way. You are independent, a good problem solver with a can-do attitude, but you also work well as part of a team.
- Transport and setup of bike-shop-on-wheels to repair events in central Portland
- Thorough, personalized bicycle repair estimates and tune-ups
- Lead a team of mechanics to complete repairs in a timely manner
- Inventory management of repair parts, maintenance supplies and accessories at our headquarters in NE Portland
- Maintain our fleet of bike-shops-on-wheels and NE PDX workspace
- At least 5 years experience in bike shops repairing a variety of bikes
- A people person and good communicator
- Proactive leader and troubleshooter
- Excellent time management
- Independent and able to perform an accurate bike repair estimate efficiently
- Mature, responsible, team player
- Prompt email access and effective digital communicator
- Regular bike commuter able to use personal bicycle to transport equipment
- Excited about the bike lifestyle and culture
- Experience managing inventory
- (DOE) higher base pay than brick and mortar shops
- Sales commission
- Flexible schedule/ independence, averaging 3-5 days/ week
- Access to wholesale parts/ new bikes
- Yearly parts allowance
How to apply
Email your resume to email@example.com
Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you think you be a great addition to our team as Operations Manager.